ipodtouch 3g problems grrrr

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bajami, Jun 17, 2010.

1. bajami

bajami New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hi guys i haven't been on here for a while, but would love some help daughter has ipt 3g (xmas present 09) i never did jailbreak it like i did with my boys 2g ipt, she had a problem yesterday where as the sound would only work with headphones wouldn't work out of speakers, couldn't find solution apart from restoring so i did that then it wouldnt let me connect to wifi it was greyed out so wouldn't let me click on it ,i followed apples support pages etc..did a restore again after trying all the options but then it wouldn't even restore! , now the only option i am getting when i try to restore is to install version 2.2.1 (it wont let me do anything else unless i accept this) where as she had 3.2 then up comes error 20 can you help me sort this before daughter comes back in from school plzzz she's gutted about this

much appreciate
  2. TheiPodTouch

TheiPodTouch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Download a stock apple 3.1.3 firmware then restore after restoring click sync as new ipod N NOT RESTORE FROM BACKUP if u want to solve wifi problem without restoring, hold down power n home button till it shuts down and shows the apple logo then when logo appears release both buttons, then wait for around 5 minutes then it will be fine, if it doesnt after tat or restoring i have no idea how to fix it then srry for long reply
  3. bajami

bajami New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    not sure what a stock apple is or where to get from,do you think its worth taking into an apple store would they do anything with it
  4. TheiPodTouch

TheiPodTouch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
  5. seth

seth New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    if you haven't done any jailbreak on it.. then you should get it to an apple store.. they might even replace it if you got warranty
  6. TheiPodTouch

TheiPodTouch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    chances are around 40%-50%
  7. bajami

bajami New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    just been to apple store ,they changed it

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. TheiPodTouch

TheiPodTouch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Owh then it was a hardware problem
  9. bajami

bajami New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah thats what he said but he also said in the head phone jack had changed colour etc... which i thought they might try nd use that as a reason not to change ,but the guy was fine i told him that there was no way it could be water damaged ,all in all pleased with the apple store

Please Register or Log in to view images