IpodTouch 2nd generation won't rechare and heat up quickly

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by X_Dror, Dec 22, 2009.

1. X_Dror

X_Dror New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi all,

I got some big problem with my sister's Ipod Touch and I'm afraid I may have to buy her a new one.

It goes like this - I took my sister's Ipod to a long trip I made. I've been is some hotel and I recharged my Ipod in the wall socket. It all went nice, it recharged it fine, I took it out, played with it a bit, recharged it again and... Boom!
    The recharger made this 'Boom' noise, turned off and I quickly disconnected it. (I didn't have the official expensive apple recharger)
    Anyhow, I tried turning on the Ipod again, but it didn't work. I waited a few minutes, tried turning it on again - It turned on again and looked fine, only the battery went really low, and was draining really quickly.
    So I turned it off and bought a new recharger, but then it didn't turn on at all, and the Ipod got real warm really quickly (in 20 seconds it gets quite warm).
    Even when I recharged it through the computer's USB it was the same.

So when I came back I took it to a third party repair shop. (The Ipod has no insurance)
    They said they couldn't fix it, they think the problem is on the electronics board, and not in the battery or the connectors. So they gave it back to me, and now I got my sister's dead Ipod.

What bothers me the most is that it seems that the Ipod is not really dead, but just got a bad battery or something simple as that, because a few minutes after that 'Boom' from the recharger I was able to turn it on and it looked quite fine.

Is anyone familiar with this problem? Does anybody know what got screwed? Can I fix it by myself?

I hope someone can help me,

Thanks!

Dror
  2. SiXAXiS

SiXAXiS Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Maybe a power surge f***ed it up... But it may be something with the circuit board, or even the battery...