iPodt Wi Fi - VPN Related Problems

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by bayern, Oct 14, 2007.

1. bayern

bayern New Member

I have done extensive research on the whole iphone/ipodt VPN shortcomings (noteably that it can't connect through a Cisco based VPN, and I also have researched that it can't connect to a 802.1x server with a WPA/Enterprise or WPA2 authentication), but I was hoping someone may have a ray of light for me.

I have a jailbroken ipodt with all the trimmings, and was longing to use the newly-unlocked VPN client to get online at my university.

Only problem is, both my campus wi fi's are either secured by Cisco or by WPA/Enterprise. So I am left in a pickle - I know that Cisco systems are incredibly secure (supposedly) so I know it's unlikely that anyone could cobble together an unofficial ipodt app that could get me onto that one.

However, I thought maybe the WPA/Enterprise one may be doable somehow? For those in the know, it's a Eduroam service that uses 802.1x WPA/TKIP WPA2/AES validation.

I have a sinking feeling that it's not gonna happen, but I thought I would make a vein attempt at trying.

Any help is much appreciated, even if it's just pointing to a news site about a rumored date for a planned Apple ipodt implementation of a Cisco VPN client or some such.
  2. delirium tremens

delirium tremens New Member

I have the same problem @ my work, which Wi-Fi is secured through VPA Enterprise. If I get it work, I will post the results. hopefully, it will be soon easy for all of us!
  3. pmoney

pmoney New Member

My university uses a Cisco web page authentication to allow wireless access. I can use safari to get online just fine, but ssh connections are a no go. I'm thinking if I toss a wireless router through my land connection, I could just use that wireless as opposed to the universities.... thoughts?
  4. elfusca

elfusca New Member