Ipods these days?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Sabre R, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Sabre R

Sabre R New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I just bought a new 32gb 3rd Gen Ipod Touch today and have a major question before I load her (its a she) up with music & videos...

Background Info:
    Until this new ipod touch I haven't gotten a new ipod since my olddddd 2nd gen Ipod Nano, so I'm way out of date, I never even updated the iTunes software lol, just used it until it died, so forgive me if my question is dumb.

Question:
    Given that security would have obviously improved in recent times, will all my downloaded mp3's work on the newest ipod touch? For example songs that I have downloaded years ago that weren't downloaded through iTunes, and also videos that I have downloaded that aren't through the iTunes store?

Basically, should I be scared to put mp3s & movies onto it that aren't purchased through the iTunes store or will the feds come knocking at my door?

Finally... when I go to setup my ipod touch for the first time and it asks me to register it, should I used my real name & details or fake ones?? I'm nervous about giving my proper details incase I end up with an illegal song or video etc on there...

Cheers for any help!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. SmexyPenguin18

SmexyPenguin18 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You can add any .mp3's to itunes. Use your real details.