Ipod's battery problem:Please help !!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by saodo, Mar 29, 2008.

1. saodo

saodo New Member

I've got a problem with my Ipod Touch's battery: It's not stable and even when it still have 50% left, sometimes it's showing the "20% battery remaining" notification.
    I 'm living in an Asian country and cannot send my Ipod back to US for battery replacing.
    When I waked my Ipod, the touchscreen was freezing at lock screen and I think that "battery low notification" showing in background is the reason. You cannot see the notification until you unlock your ipod but to unlock it, your touchscreen have to work.

Please Register or Log in to view images

How can I disable the "battery low notification" function ??? Somebody help me pls.

Sorry for my terrible English.

Saodo@
  2. simian

simian New Member

Dude it could be a lot of things wrong. Nothing serious though i dont think.

Is your Ipod Jailbroken?

I had problems with my battery similar to what you had and found it was because of Apps running and a bit of a dodgy Jailbreak. I had to restore and re jailbreak with ZIphone and now it works fine.

I know as well some apps like Scroobler will eat you battery life up if you leave it running and that leaves the battery level giving strange readings.
  3. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    As simian said, it really varies on what your doing, what app you are running etc. Wifi is a major factor. The battery assumes when you are doing something such as browsing the net, the battery estimates how much battery life you will have if you browse the net for the remainder of the battery life. When you turn off wifi and do something else, the battery life will jump up a bit assumining that you will not be using Wifi anymore. It is normal.
  4. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    If you are jailbroken you should download Bossprefs and turn OFF wifi and SSH when you are not using them.
  5. Yongkykun

Yongkykun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I have the same problem and I have installed Bossprefs. I noticed that the problem occurs only when I turn the wifi on for a long period of time, e.g. for downloading apps from installer/cydia or watch streaming video from youtube. Because my battery works just fine when I'm using my iPod for music listening or watching video.
  6. saodo

saodo New Member

My Ipod was jailbroken already. Rom version is 1.1.4 Clean and JB by Zipphone (introduction received from this forum

Please Register or Log in to view images

).

When I waked my Ipod, the batterry indicator showing 20 -30% (only the icon on the right top), after a few minutes using it, the indicator jumped up to 60-70%. I don't install any programs that running on the background, only a few small game, not use wifi much, already turn off SSH. This only happened when I waked my Ipod, so I think battery notification caused the problems.

Saodo@
  7. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    If you are using the internet and ssh before you turn off your iPod, it will show less battery life remaining.
    When you wake your iPod again, and you have wifi/ssh off, it will recalculate battery life values.