Ipod working on mac

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Superstar, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Superstar

Superstar Member

Hey guys!
    So I bought my Ipod touch last week in NY. I'm here on vacation staying at family. When I first tried to get it to work I had some trouble. My family here only has a Mac OS computer running OS X 10.4. So when I plugged my Ipod in nothing happened. Apparently itunes 7.4 and up are not supported on this PC.

Fortunately I was over the weekend at other cousins so I was able to set up the basics such as jailbreaking, adding music and photos etc. But now I'm back on the mac and I have a couple of GBA roms and some videos and photos which I desire to upload to the ipod. Is there any other way that I could achieve this on the mac? Even something as simple as placing Roms in the ipod's directory. And are there any good GBA repos I could use in case I don't figure something else out?

Thanks in advance!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Download a copy of CyberDuck and SFTP into your iPod Touch. You'll need wireless access there, but you can connect and drop them into the appropriate directory.
  3. Superstar

Superstar Member

Thanks! But is there a method which does not require a wireless connection?
  4. Superstar

Superstar Member

Anyone know if this is possible without a Wifi connection?
  5. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

6. Superstar

Superstar Member

Close but not quite. I'm looking for something that would work on a mac and without wifi. It would just be nice to get the files I want on the ipod before I leave to play with and use on the flight. That's why I want to do this.
  7. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Media Partition or System Partition with Apps, ROMs, and stuff...
    and are you using windows 2000?
  8. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Most macs have a built in wireless card. Go to preferences, then sharing, then were it says “share internet connection from” chose Ethernet or where ever your internet plugs into. Then in the box were it says Ethernet, airport, Bluetooth, …….chose airport. Then hit start on the bottom right hand corner. That should work. I’m not on my mac right now but that should be it.

also on the right hand side in the sharing pane theres an air port setup something you can go in and set the password.