ipod wont turn on...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by X-p0!nT, Feb 11, 2010.

1. X-p0!nT

X-p0!nT New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    When i plug it on my computer it doesnt recognize it, i even tried to put it on DFU mode, i do the steps right, even the computer recognizes it, but when i'm going to restore itunes takes me to error 1601 and can't turn it back on, i tried holding down the power and home for like 30 secs and nothing happens...
  2. Sickfee49

Sickfee49 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    In Knowledge Base article #306084, Apple notes a fix for an issue where error 1601 or 1602 occurs when attempting to restore an iPhone.
    Apple says:
    "To resolve this issue, iTunes and Apple Mobile Device support must be completely removed and then iTunes must be reinstalled. Select the appropriate link below for instructions on how to accompllish this for your operating system.
    Windows XP
  3. X-p0!nT

X-p0!nT New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    believe me i've tried that a couple of time and it's bull$&!+ i mean, i know how to put it on dfu mode, but i cant put it properly cause it just wont turn on! > <
  4. MANOWAR©

MANOWAR© Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I've had a similar thing happen. Charge it up some other way other than the computer. If you have the plug in adapter for the wall then use that. For some reason they won't charge up sometimes when the power source is a computers unless it can start up so by using an AC adapter it will charge up and it may let you get it back running. Cigarette lighter adapter would work too.