iPod won't turn on, respond to USB

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Labot2001, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Labot2001

Labot2001 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My brother lost my iPod yesterday, luckily a girl at our school found it in the middle of the school parking lot. When she returned it, she told me how it said "iPod is disabled, please try to unlock in 21 million-odd minutes". I figured this has probably happened before and would be no big deal to fix. On the way home from school, my brother is playing around with the iPod (it's still locked), and the screen goes white all of a sudden, and then it shuts off. Since I got home, I can't turn it back on. It doesn't repond to pressing the hold button, holding the hold button, or holding hold and home simultaneously. It also will not respond to being plugged in to my PC.

Please help me D:
  2. m0in

m0in Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    have you tried DFU mode?
  3. Labot2001

Labot2001 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The iPod isn't recognized by iTunes, or my computer at all.
  4. m0in

m0in Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  5. Labot2001

Labot2001 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I finally managed to reset the iPod using the hold/home method, however still could not get in because it was locked. I reinstalled iTunes and Windows recognized my iPod as being plugged in. When I opened iTunes, I got this error:

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'm going to try DFU now and see what happens...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ok, I followed the instructions on your link and put it into DFU mode. I tried restoring it, first using the SHIFT+Restore method with 3.1.2. The second and third trials I just clicked "Restore". All 3 times I got the same error message:

Please Register or Log in to view images

It should be noted that my iPod is not named "iPod"... Am I officially screwed here? Or is there still hope?