iPod won't turn on, blank screen?!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jnoggle, Dec 6, 2007.

1. jnoggle

jnoggle New Member

Hey guys, let me first start by saying that this is a great board and I appreciate the tech support. I did search first before posting this and didn't see anyone with the same issue. I'm using 1.1.1 on my jailbroken iPod Touch and yesterday I wanted to connect to my iPod with WinSCP and I remembered that I had deleted SSH because of some space issues. I installed Open SSH and then re-connected successfully and I had no issues with my iPod for the rest of the day. I woke up this morning and went to turn my iPod on and it won't respond to any of the buttons that I push. My screen is just blank as if the iPod was asleep. I didn't want to force a restore just yet because I remembered reading that SSH can really drain your battery so I'm hoping that is the case and I'm charging right now (screen is still blank though, so I HOPE it's charging!). When I connect to iTunes it recognizes my iPod and appears to sync successfully. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your assistance!

***UPDATE***
    I just performed a reset (which I thought meant I was going to lose data) and it restarted fine with everything in tact!
  2. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Glad for you it was easily solved, and without a restore!
    You should have a look here if you want to make more room for your applications: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1924

Why hasn't anyone written an application to do just that, I wonder.
  3. jnoggle

jnoggle New Member

Yeah, I'm glad I didn't have to restore too, already had to do that once when I accidently upgraded my jailbroken 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 without oktoprep! I'm sticking with 1.1.1 for now. I did happen to see the instructions on how to move your apps over to media storage, I'm just not real comfortable using the command lines in WinSCP for me to attempt it. I agree that an automatic tool would be great!