Ipod Wont Turn on AT ALL

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by PAINTBALL CRAKA, Jan 10, 2008.

1. PAINTBALL CRAKA

PAINTBALL CRAKA New Member

so i was jailbreaking a friends ipod and i had done all that and it was on the brink of no battery so i plugged it into my computer to let it charge, i did some other stuff for a while, came back, there was a 3/4 green battery faintly showing through the screen, i pressed the home button, it turned black, and now wont turn on at all, no apple icon, nothin, wont sync to my computer
    any ideas? i really dont wanna give it back to him like this, any help would be greatly appreciated
  2. Paintball

Paintball New Member

Like the name, sorta. Its kinda like mine. But try holding the top sleep/wake button (the one where hold would be on older ipods) for about 10 seconds. Then try holding both if that don't work.
  3. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

EDIT, oops paintball beat me to it, sorry that my post is redundant
    I know how you feel, I thought I bricked my bother gf's ipod when I was jail breaking it.
    Anyway try holding the top button and the home button(at the same time) for like a minute or until something happens. If that doesn't work then I think there is a possibility that it is bricked(and can be replaced by apple)
  4. PAINTBALL CRAKA

alright thanks guys, ill try that, hopefully its not bricked *fingers crossed*
  5. AutoItKing

AutoItKing New Member

Force restore:
    >Connect to computer with iTunes on it.
    >Turn it off, but I guess you can skip this step.
    >Hold down the Home button for a while, don't ever let go until it pops up in iTunes.
    >It will be found as in a state of recovery. Restore now, you will not be able to backup anything, so make sure your friend is OK with that. Otherwise, give him the bricked iPod.
  6. PAINTBALL CRAKA

yah its bricked
    thanks for the help though
  7. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Oh man... are you sure?

God that sucks...

Try force restoring MY Way, and the Apple way...

1. Turn of the iPo....Nvm.

2.Hold the home button, and then plug in the iPod cable.

3. If it turns it on automatically (Please!) keep holding the home button, but if it doesnt, hold the home button anyways.

4.It will have the iPod cable and the iTunes cable picture thing, and iTunes will ask to restore (Open iTunes)

(Off-Topic: plg, did you get that iPod fixed?)

(Off-Topic: AutoItKing, that way is for iPhone only... i think, do it the way apple says)