iPod won't turn on after iPwner

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by crimsondynamo329, Aug 4, 2008.

1. crimsondynamo329

crimsondynamo329 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have jailbroken my iPod successfully with both ZiPhone and iLiberty+, and have had to restore a couple times. Yesterday I tried to pwn my 16gb 1.1.4 iPod Touch with Winpwn after a restore, and it did not go well. I browsed ipsw, picked 1.1.4, then clicked iPwner and let it do its thing. It put the iPod into restore mode, then the code ran down the screen, then there was only one line of code at the second-to-last line, and a blinking cursor at the bottom. Winpwn put up a message saying to wait for reboot. I thought it rebooted, so I clicked OK, and it looked like it executed three commands, then it turned off...and never came back. I have tried manually putting it into DFU mode to no avail, and I can not get any program to recognize it. This certainly sounds like a brick to me...can someone save me? If it makes any difference, it is still in the warranty period.

thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

edit: I restored because it was stuck at the boot logo with the loading circle. It was jailbroken with iLiberty+

Also, Winpwn said "iPhone has left restore mode" or something like that when my iPod turned off.
  2. moon ra

moon ra New Member

It happened to me, couldn't turn it back on...
    It actually WAS in DFU mode (black screen, looks like it's off).

Try and press the Home button (and keep pressing) while plugin it on your computer (with itunes running).
    Worked for me.
  3. crimsondynamo329

crimsondynamo329 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    that didn't work for me... I held the home button while I plugged it in, and then for over 30 seconds after... thanks anyways

does anybody else know what to do?
  4. yahtrickya

yahtrickya New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    im having the same problem. i can't figure it out
  5. reddmhjlh

reddmhjlh Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i am having the same problem at the moment. im not sure how to fix it
  6. crimsondynamo329

crimsondynamo329 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    update:
    I tried putting it into DFU mode a few more times, with different timing, and it sort of worked twice. I had it plugged in with iTunes open, then pressed both buttons at once, and eight seconds later I let go on the lock button, and ten seconds after that my computer made the "USB In" sound so I let go of the home button too. Next I got this message from itunes for almost a minute: "Waiting for iPod". Then after that, I got this: "An iPod has been detected, but it could not be identified properly. Please disconnect and reconnect the iPod, then try again . An unknown error occurred (1605)." Screenshots of both messages are attached
    waiting.jpg
    error.jpg
    During the time it was waiting for iPod, my iPod screen went all white for a half of a second, then back off, and the computer made the "USB In" and "USB Out" sounds several times, meaning it recognized it, then didn't, then did again, several times.
  7. yahtrickya

yahtrickya New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i got mine into DFU mode and started a restore but now its just a swod
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    my ipods SWOD'ing in restore mode.

is there a way to kick it out of restore mode back into recovery?
  8. b1j4nt

b1j4nt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'd like to figure this out also, this hasn't happened to me but im about to winpwn my 2.0 8gb iPod touch, and im worried it might do the same
  9. resendiz93

resendiz93 New Member

do this

to fix this do as i say Press the home and power button for ten seconds(must count ten seconds) then while holding the home let go of the power and hold for another ten seconds. screen should turn all white then plug in to itunes and restore to 2.0 custom firmware
  10. crimsondynamo329

crimsondynamo329 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    it worked!

IT WORKED!!!

itworks.JPG
    my iPod is back alive! I had to mess with the DFU mode timing a little to get it to work. You have to let go of the home button EXACTLY when your computer recognizes it (the "USB In" sound helps on windows) then you can do a restore.

to yahtrickya:
    If your iPod has the SWOD, then you can force it into DFU or Restore mode again, and try again. If iTunes still says that it is restoring or validating or something like that, then I think it's a different story and you should get more help before it gets worse...thats my opinion