iPod won't sync, WinSCP won't login

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Antimatter, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Antimatter

Antimatter New Member

I know this has been asked before on here, and I read that you change it during they jailbreak process, but I did the one touch jailbreak for windows hack (revision 5) and it never said anything about iTunes and syncing. The Jailbreak and everything went perfect, and I have all of the iPhone apps as well. But.
    I tried to sync with iTunes and it has an alert that says, "The software required for iPhone is not installed. Run the iTunes installer to remove iTunes, then install iTunes again."

Anyone have any ideas?

Also, I tried to get into WinSCP, but it won't let me.

Username: root and password: alpine and my phone IP is absolutely correct

I Can't connect via SFTP, it says "connection has been unexpectedly closed. server send command exit status 127"

then i tried the SCP, it just works[in browsing itouch files] but i cant put any file in or get any file out of my i touch.

Does anybody have any clue on what I should do? I'm kinda leaning to restoring my iPod and restarting from scratch, but I spent 4 hours on this last night and I don't want that to all go to waste.

Thanks.
  2. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    That is exactly what you should do. Unfortunately, it is better for it to take some more time to get a working iPod than to leave it crippled. Sorry mate.
  3. Antimatter

Antimatter New Member

Alright man, I actually just tried that, but it didn't work. I held in the home and sleep buttons for more than 30 seconds and the connect to itunes window came up on my iPod. Then I didn't know what to do. It acted like it was froze there. I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in, but nothing happened. So I rebooted my iPod only to see all of my apps still there.

I don't know.
  4. shadow_moses

shadow_moses New Member

same thing is happening to me with winSCP. pissing me off.