iPod won't stay on for more then 20 secs.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by forbore, Nov 5, 2009.

1. forbore

forbore New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi.

Today, I accidently dropped some water in my iPod. To be exact, my iPod was in my pocket and somebody threw me an ice cube but it wasn't after 5 minutes that I went to get my iPod and I realized that the ice cube was melting on it the the dock slot. I let it dry for a while(about an hour and a half) and tried turning it on. It turned on for about 25 secs and then shut down. I looked in the headphone jack and the water sticker was still white. I still got a warranty but the problem is that last time I jailbroke it, I forgot to remove the custom boot logo and now when you turn on my iPod, there is a Pwnage tool logo.

My iPod is now sitting in a bowl of rice drying. I hope someone has a solution for this 'cause I don't have $250 to spend for another iPod...
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Well the only thing you can do is wait.. You shouldn't have tried to turn it on because water was inside and when you turn it on, electricity flows and water conducts electricity so that's not good.
  3. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    All you can do is hope. I know you are suppose to let it sit in rice for at least 2 weeks.
  4. olds32

olds32 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch