iPod Won't Start Up and repeating beep

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Dummy, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Dummy

Dummy Banned

I had just tried install something in installer, and when it was done, I clicked the home button. It went to the SpringBoard and showed the regular spinning progress wheel. However, it would not stop, and eventually just stopped spinning and got a little burry, but kept a static image. Eventually, I force shut down and restarted the iPod. Now whenever I try to restart it, it shows the Apple logo for 2 minutes then shows the white progress wheel, and that wheel to stops and gets blurry but the iPod never actually gets to the unlock screen. Additonally, when I plug it into a charger, it makes the charger beep every 30 seconds or so. I do not have a computer cable with me for the next 2 days, so a fix other than that would be helpful.

Please Register or Log in to view images

The white on the bottom is not on the screen, just a reflection of the flash.

Thank you ^^^pic of ipod^^^
  2. Medicc

Medicc New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I just got this problem omg it sucks so bad.. i think i gotta restore

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. gakman

gakman New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    This exact thing happened to me, I think it might have something to do with a lack of space to install something?

To fix it i SSH'd into my ipod and deleted a few big apps, as soon as i did this it was able to boot properly.

I may be completely wrong because BossPrefs still reports that i have 70meg space left
  4. iPodTouchEdwards

iPodTouchEdwards New Member

if it is stuck maybe u can use iPhuc (located in the jailbreak folders) to make it go into recovery mode, then make it reboot to its normal self. (then do the installer fix etc.)
  5. jkeiser

jkeiser New Member

have you tryed holding both the home button and the power button till it shuts off(kinda like holding the power button on a desktop for 6 secs)? it should go off then you can restart it
  6. Dummy

Dummy Banned

I can turn it off just fine btu when I go to restart it, the problem persists. Well I have my apps moved out of the OS partition so deleting them wont make a difference. I might try iPhuc tomorrow because as of now I can't even put it into recovery by holding down the buttons. I can't ssh though because it doesn't even boot up and turn the wifi on.

BTW, its a brand-new JailBroken 1.1.3 32GB iPod Touch
  7. gakman

gakman New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yes, i had also moved my apps from the OS partition, but as soon as i deleted some via SSH the ipod instantly started up (i did not turn off or reset it).
  8. Dummy

Dummy Banned

Earlier today when the problem first started, I was not able to SSH into it for some reason, too late now anyway. Tomorrow I am going out to the store to get a USB cable for it to see what I can do. Chances are I will end up restoring it and leaving it at 1.1.2 jailbroken because this 1.1.3 jailbreaking crap has gotten the best of me.

Help is still appreciated though
    Thanks
  9. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Are you running 1.1.3 if so then I think you reached the app limit. If so SSH in and delete the app. If you can't than follow these steps. To connect via usb

Connect iPod to computer.

Download iPhoneBrowser
    http://iphonebrowser.googlecode.com/files/iPhoneBrowser.1.52.zip

Unzip

Open iPhoneBrowser.exe

Go to /Applications and delete the app you just installed.

Than reboot.

If that didn't work or your running 1.1.2 or 1.1.1 I think you have to restore
  10. Dummy

Dummy Banned

Ok, I had no idea there was an app limit, I will try this tomorrow when I get the cable. Do you know the number of apps that is the limit specifically? I believe my number is in the 40s (including all apps that came on the iPod). Damn, I am looking forward to SDK so all this stuff can end.

Thank you again