iPod wont restore

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cowsin, Nov 8, 2008.

1. cowsin

cowsin New Member

I was downloading something from cydia and it was done installing it just froze with the wheel spinning. I couldnt do anything so i held the home button and sleep button till it went off. Then I turned it back on and it stayed at the apple logo I tried waiting it out and nothing happened after 10 minutes. I tried to restoring it and it wouldnt connect to my pc, then I tried DFU mode and it connected started to restore and then it auto dissconnected and I got a error saying it can not be restored. I tried it 4 more times and no luck.

Should I go to the apple store and try to get it fixed or get a replacement?

Also I've been having a few problems that just happened for the past 3 weeks
    The home button doesn't work sometimes and i have to press it 2-4 times for it to work

Pressing the home button twice bring the music menu thing and pressing play or fast forward doesnt work sometimes when I press play the sign changes to pause but nothing is playing i have to press it again for it to play and fast forward just doesnt work the first try.

Thanks in Advanced
  2. iPTF_BROWSER

iPTF_BROWSER Active Member

Device:
    HTC One
    Well let's see if you did DFU right.

Hold down the home and power button for 10 seconds.
    Let go of the power button while holding the home button.
    In about 20-30 seconds iTunes will recognize it and you can restore.
  3. cowsin

cowsin New Member

tried that it starts to restore then it auto disconnects and doesnt reconnect