iPod Won't Restore or Restart

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.5 Discussions' started by tenkido, Sep 9, 2008.

1. tenkido

tenkido New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Had jailbroken my iTouch and used FWchanger to change my firmware from 1.1.5 to 1.14. So, after a few minutes, I got some apps. I tried using Customize for my backround. It starts giving me problems, so I uninstall and reinstall a different version in the same category. This version of Customize needed 1.0.2 to 1.1.4 in order to install. I thought I had it at 1.1.4, but when I went to check what firmware it was at in the Settings, it had said N/A. So, I tried to reset the firmware about 2 more times before shutting it off. Once I did that, it would not actually restart. It gave me lines of text. It said that the firmware was installed. I plugged in the iPod cable and at the bottom of the text it said "IpodStack can't start! Need configuration"

Help!
  2. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Put it into DFU mode and restore?
  3. tenkido

tenkido New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Don't mean to sound like an amateur, but what is DFU? I have been away from iPod Jailbreaking since May of this year. So, I have missed a lot of new stuff. Or things I just never realized.
  4. Jezzacorrea

Jezzacorrea New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    basically all you need to do is this.
    1) Turn your ipod on (if you can tell) and connect it to the computer via USB
    2) Hold down both home and power untill the screen goes black
    3) Before the apple logo comes on the screen, release the power button
    4) You Should be in DFU Mode

Good Luck!
  5. tenkido

tenkido New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Oh. DFU=Restore mode. I've already done that multiple times. I shut it off, got the line of text, did the restore process and I still got the text.

*5 minutes later* It worked this time. Thank you to helped me. ^_^