Ipod wont play songs in order

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by johnbhoyc, Jul 6, 2008.

1. johnbhoyc

johnbhoyc New Member

Can anyone help?. When I select an album and listen to the first song my ipod will then play the rest of the album in the wrong order. This is a real pain especially when I'm listening to an audio book. How do I get it to play songs in order?

ps I dont have it on shuffle mode
  2. flo123

flo123 New Member

sorry. didn't mean to post here.
  3. isalee

isalee New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    mine won't either

I'm also being driven mad by this. I'm suspecting that we need to reinstall software. Can't face it
  4. ajkiwi88

ajkiwi88 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i dont know if this will work but there is a track number field in the mp3 tag editting that might reult in it being played in the correct order
  5. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well, for me, it plays the order fine when I select an induvidual album, if I turn shuffle mode off.

You may not be pushing Shuffle, but your iPod automatically shuffles songs after you start the first one anyways if you have it set to do so.

To turn this off, after selecting a song, tap the album cover. A little menu should come up with the time, etc. To the right of the time the song has been playing, a little icon should be showing with 2 arrows intertwining. Tap this so it is gray, not blue, and your songs should play in order.
  6. isalee

isalee New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Got it

I hope this helps you as it just helped me and I really THOUGHT mine wasn't in shuffle (that stupid icon on the song screen should light up if it is). Anyway, if you go into an album and into a song, a new window comes up and the icon on the right - the shuffle icon - might be lit up on there, in which case you need to tap on it in order to switch it off. I hope I haven't told you something you've already tried.
  7. johnbhoyc

johnbhoyc New Member

Thanks guys, yous were correct. Working fine now.

Thanks again
  8. JerryRubin

JerryRubin New Member

Thanks

I had forgotten how to get those two icons. Thanks for your clear advice about pressing the album cover.
  9. -wiseman-

-wiseman- New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Is it on shuffle?
  10. hmr1234

hmr1234 New Member

Hello,

I'm very hapy to see your response, I try to do it since 2 days and I just want to thank you...