Welcome to the iFans Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

iPod won't make any sound

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dahitman, Jun 14, 2008.

1. dahitman

dahitman New Member

today I grabbed my iPod like any other day and I was listening to it and suddenly no sound came out. I checked with other headphones and no sound came out. So I figured the headphone jack is messed up. Can anybody help?
    O yea and before I jailbroke it with ziphone and it got messed up so I restored and now no sound comes out.
  2. ElectricMan5

ElectricMan5 New Member

Make sure the volume is all the way up on everything, and that there is no volume limit. If none of those are effecting it, put it into restore mode then restore the iPod.
  3. dahitman

dahitman New Member

i did that already it doesnt work
    there is still no sound comming out of the ipod
    someone pls help
  4. zaragozarichard

zaragozarichard New Member

Return It Back To The Store Were U Got It At Make Sure It Not Jailbroken
  5. dahitman

dahitman New Member

the problem is it has a little part chipped off at the right corner of it so idk if they will accept it
  6. P0150N0U5 F15)-(

P0150N0U5 F15)-( Banned

Check anyway, what is there to lose?
  7. dahitman

dahitman New Member

i already went to the apple store so they could restore it but they couldnt do anything and they told me that they would replace is but it had "physical damage"
  8. astrosurfer

astrosurfer New Member

a chip is a chip.....they have to prove that the chip is messing it up.
    when you say a piece is chipped off...do you mean the whole corner where the earphones plug in or what.
    a photo would be nice.
    we could then help you a little better.
    but if all the earphone connection points are there then it should work fine.
    the store has no right to refuse the product without proof that it was not a manufacture defect.
    they have to at least send it for warranty analysis.
    take it back and know your consumer rights before you deal with people who have obviously looked down upon you.
    let them show you why it doesn't work and what needs to be done to fix it.
    do NOT accept no for an answer.
    warranty is there for a reason.

little edit:...i had a bit of trouble from mines a month ago. sound cutting out and music stopping, also video stopping.
    turned out the socket was dirty inside. I used one of those compressed air cans for cleaning laptops etc and gave it a good old spray up in the socket. Make sure the ipod touch is OFF when you do this...because the air could form a little condensation while it's spraying.
    this fixed mines. Also it's a little annoying that this happened coz there is no plug for the socket when ipod is not in use...e.g. in your pocket....bad design in my opinion...
    Hope this helps
  9. dahitman

dahitman New Member

ok so i cant really take a pic cuz i dont have a camera right now and i cant use my phone camera
    anyways its not chipped off from the bottom right corner where the headphone jack is
    it is the top right corner
    let me explain more clearly

first off i was jailbreaking it with ziphone and i messed up because i unplugged it and all the white text came when i turned it on so i took it to the apple store cuz i didnt have internet at that time.
    i tryed restoring the ipod there but no luck so then since i was already there i asked one of the guys that worked there if they knew any way to fix this (i didnt tell them i tryed jailbreaking it) so then they said that they would have to restore it and they went in the back.
    then a few minutes later they came back and they told me that they couldnt restore it so they gave it back to me.
    they told me that they would replace it but they couldnt cause it had "physical damage so they couldnt"
    so then i was like ok then i went back home and i finally restored it. so then synced songs on and it was fine but after like 3 days the sound went away so i had to adjust the cable for it to work. then the next day no sound came out at all.
    so what should i do?

someone plz helppp
    post any ideas u might have