iPod WONT let me upgrade to any version of 2.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Dang1ing Nuts, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Dang1ing Nuts

Dang1ing Nuts New Member

I tried updating my firmware to 2.0 from a jailbroken 1.1.4 the first thing I did was update iTunes then I DLed the firmware and tried to update but I keep getting random errors like 1602 and 1604. Now my iPod is just stuck with the connect to iTunes logo but when I connect it iTunes doesn't pick it up but Windows does.
  2. MoNoXId3

MoNoXId3 Member

try like restoring to a 1.x firmware that is not jailbroken and then upgrade
  3. Ulysses_609

Ulysses_609 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    its because you downloaded a restore ipsw. you need to click the restore button in iTunes not the update button. it may take a while. on your computer it will say something like "preparing iPod for software restore" for like 15-20+.
  4. questionmarc

questionmarc New Member

what the person said above me :
    update it to 1.1.5 , then use the firmware you downloaded to update to 2.0 ,
    when updating to 2.0 , it takes awhile.
    so be patient .
  5. Ulysses_609

Ulysses_609 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    you dont have to necessarily update it to 1.1.5. just restore to a fresh version of whatever firmware you are on just to be safe. when i did it i went from 1.1.4 to 2.0.1.
  6. Dang1ing Nuts

Dang1ing Nuts New Member

Pretty simple fix actually. Just had to switch USB ports I had my iPod hooked up to. But now I have a problem with jailbreaking my iTouch with Quickpwn so if anyone would like to help me with that PM me.