iPod won't go into DFU

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jokern01, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Jokern01

Jokern01 New Member

So here I am, builded IPSW and dat sh*t, firmware 2.0.1, I can't set the iPod in DFU mode, when I do it it says ''Waiting for iPod...'' then after a while I get Error 1602, help anyone? And it worked before because I downgraded from 2.0 to 1.1.4 one time
  2. interestingkid

interestingkid Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    1.power off completely
    2.hold home button
    3.while holding home, press power button once
    4.DFU yay
  3. Jokern01

Jokern01 New Member

That seems like a new method

Ok I did it, but still i get ''Waiting for iPod...''

I have iTunes 7.7 and firmware 2.0.1 should I have another iTunes?
  4. Jokern01

Jokern01 New Member

Bump, please help
  5. Gonzo89

Gonzo89 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    1. ***TURN THE VOLUME ON YOUR COMPUTER UP***
    2. Hold Power Button and turn off device
    3. Wait 5 seconds
    4. Hold Power + Home Button For 10 seconds
    5. Let go of power button but keep pressing the home button for 10 seconds
    6. When you hear the magical sound in itunes that your device is connected then and only then are you OFFICIALLY in DFU mode. Also make sure Your iPod doesn't show ANYTHING on the screen after step 1. If it shows the connect to itunes sign you did it wrong so just try again till you get it right.

Taken from the tutorial in the jailbreak section. Worked perfect for me.
  6. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

Try this. Those other posts about entering DFU mode are alternatives to this method hich I know will work.

1. Turn on the ipod.

2. Plug in the ipod to the computer.

3. Hold the home button and power button for about 11 seconds or until it shuts off.

4. Exactly 2 seconds later let go of the power button and continue holding the home button for about 35 seconds or until the computer recognizes it.

5. Restore.
  7. Zavonn

Zavonn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    That's almost EXACTLY what happened to me. Except I downgraded from 1.1.5 to 1.1.4 instead of your downgrading from 2.0. My computer recognizes my ipod, but then it automatically disconnects itself from the computer leaving itunes "waiting for ipod" and eventually not being able to recognize it. Is it possible that the 7.5 itunes may have played a role in kicking out our ipods once it gets into DFU mode (After all, we had to downgrade to 7.5 to get the 1.1.4 firmware)? Try deleting everything that has to do with itunes 7.5 and reinstalling itunes 7.7. I'm not gonna guarantee that this will work, but I'm going to try it. I'll keep you posted, but also give us some feedback if you were able to fix this problem.

EDIT: To find all the itunes/apple related files, go to the start bar on the bottom of the screen and click "search". I'm doing this as we speak.

-Zavonn
  8. TmacHot

TmacHot Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    see this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiTcKMZfyfk
    have you tried with a custom fw 2.0
    or with a 2.0 build ipsw with all the steps ?(winpwn)
  9. Zavonn

Zavonn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ok, hold up. Don't do what I said...yet. Now itunes isn't able to use my ipod, but I'm fixing that problem right now...hopefully. But I hope deleting all those corrupted files will help with my DFU problem.

One more thing - I have heard if you are using Win pwn to jailbreak your ipod and want to boot the custom firmware, all you have to do is change the custom firmware name to the same name as the original firmware (so without the "Custom" part of it) and you shouldn't get any errors. I'm going to try that once I get itunes up and running.

Well, I fixed the itunes recognition problem by extracting the itunes exe with winrar and installing the msi files before the actual itunes.exe file. It worked, so just incase you followed my earlier post, this is the fix. PM me if you have any issues.
    Well, even that didn't solve my issue, so maybe I will try restoring my ipod with the custom firmware whose name I changed.
  10. UfloridagatorsF

UfloridagatorsF New Member

i get "waiting for ipod" several times and the double noise a couple of times. it then makes me restore my ipod. i've done dfu several times before i updated itunes to 7.7x (was getting another error when shift+restoring), but now it won't work at all.