iPod wont go into DFU

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by goorioles747, Aug 4, 2008.

1. goorioles747

goorioles747 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have tried every method I can find to get my touch into DFU mode. What happens when I follow the directions is that the screen is black for about 2 seconds, then turns completely white, at which point iTunes comes up with the message "Waiting for iPod". Then after about 10 seconds, the iPod restarts and goes into normal recovery mode, Any ideas?
  2. Gabe

Gabe Member

Device:
    iPhone
    see if this helps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiTcKMZfyfk

while the ipod is on, hold power+home button for 7 seconds or so till the screen turns black, once it turns black wait 2 seconds and let go of the power button, while still holding the home button wait till itunes detects the iphone, you will hear your computer make a noise, let go of the home button as soon as you hear that noise.
  3. goorioles747

goorioles747 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I did exactly that, but the same thing happens. Once Windows see's it again, the screen turns white, and 10 seconds later it restarts into recovery mode
  4. Fehr

Fehr New Member

You're probably not on version 2.0 FW. If you've tried literally EVERYTHING (including booting it into DFU using iLiberty+), then you're probably not on the correct FW. If what you're attempting to do is to use WinPwn or Pwnage to pwn your 2.0 FW, then you have to start on 2.0 FW.
  5. goorioles747

goorioles747 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I dont really understand what youre trying to say but. When I try to boot into DFU with iLiberty+, it shows me the recovery screen except instead of a black background, its red. my iPod is currently on 1.1.4, but i have 5A347 which is what i used in winpwn
  6. Fehr

Fehr New Member

Ugh. Just read what I wrote. YOU HAVE TO UPGRADE TO 2.0 FIRST, god dammit. THEN, once on 2.0, boot your iPoT into DFU mode.
  7. smurffart

smurffart New Member

LOL I love it when they blindly argue
  8. SteveO

SteveO New Member

^Hahaha

Yes, you need to upgrade to FW 2.0. I had the same dumbass problem.
  9. perfectgamer22

perfectgamer22 New Member

ok i have a iphone 3g and i have done EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN to get it into dfu you mode this holding down 2 buttons then letting one go sh*t doesnt work for me. i have several different computers i have tried it on. vista 32bit, vista 64bit and xp pro. i am a little newbish to apple products as the extent of my knowledge relied with ziphone 3.0 for the older version of iphone. I dont know what im doing or not doing but i hear no sounds only the one when it goes off after holding the two buttons, i then release only the power button and i hear or see nothing. ive even held it for a full minute nad nothing. same on all the pc's can anyone help>?
  10. Haizum

Haizum New Member

try this http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87666