iPod won't downgrade?!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Sotairosu, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Sotairosu

Sotairosu New Member

Okay, I have searched and everything that was said on the other threads didn't fix my problem. I was trying to install an app, and my iPod just froze. I turned it off and turned it back on. I got the apple symbol and the spinning wheel. It sat there for about 30 minutes and still did nothing, so I turned it off and on to reset it. I tried to recover it to 1.1.1 by pressing shift while clicking restore. It came up with an error [error (1)?] and sent it BACK into recovery mode. So, I restored it to 1.1.3 and tried to downgrade it by pressing shift while I press upgrade and selected the ipod touch firmware [Yes its the correct 1.1.1 firmware, I checked 2431413 times] and it did the same thing and sent it into recovery mode. So I used iPhuc, got me into 1.1.3. Nothing I do is working to go back into 1.1.1. I even tried using the iphuc from jailbreak 1.1.2 and it still recovered me into 1.1.3. Kharma sucks, but I really need my iPod to work correctly. I need it jailbroken again, no fair! >__<

Please help. If there is a God, my iPod will be jailbroken again soon.
  2. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

you know how in iphuc you download the 1.1.1 restore ipw ? well, try restoring with that...also are you using itunes 7.6 or 7.5...some people have more problems restoring with 7.6...i on the other hand, am clever and didnt update my itunes

Please Register or Log in to view images

edit:try using iphuc on a dif pc/try downgrading/restoring on a different PC if you can
  3. Sotairosu

Sotairosu New Member

I'll try to downgrade on another computer tomorrow if I can. If I uninstalled/reinstalled iTunes so I have 7.5 (7.6 now), will all my music/movies have to be put back into iTunes?

EDIT: Yay! I fixed it somehow! This thread may be closed! ^___^
  4. james957

james957 New Member

how did u fix it i have the same problem!!!