Ipod wont connect to WiFi, not the usual problem.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by CSon, Apr 8, 2010.

1. CSon

CSon New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    EDIT: I FIXED IT! ALL I DID WAS TURN THE IPOD OFF THEN REJAILBREAK WITH BLACKRA1N

Yesterday my ipod wasn't able to connect to the WiFi, The checkmark is on my connection, the internet icon is at the top of my ipod but whenever I open up safari, the screen darkens and says connecting, forever... Other apps that involve internet such as facebook and youtube can't connect either. So today I tried using the school's internet connection but the same thing happened. So now I know it's not my WiFi routers fault. After looking through various youtube videos I have found a method to fixing it. I have tried reseting my network settings but after I did that the internet icon at the top wont show anymore even though the checkmark is beside my network saying it's connected. It also wont show my Ip adress and such either and now safari says: Safari cannot open the page. The error was:"Operation could not be completed. Invalid argument". I have tried reseting my network settings again but came with no different result.

So now:
    -List of Wifi connections show.
    -Internet is said to be connected. (has the checkmark)
    -internet icon does not show.
    -Can not connect to anything using the internet.

I'm really stumped here and I don't want to recover my ipod because it is jailbroken and the new version for 3g can not be jailbroken! I have firmware 3.1.2 if that helps.

Please help me solve my problem! Thanks!

EDIT: Wait it did work at the school! Then it might be my routers fault. But I have made no recent changes to my router and it still doesn't explain why the network says it's connected with a checkmark but doesn't show the internet icon.

EDIT: My Laptop can access the internet which uses WiFi no problem.

EDIT: Using the Wifi Trak app it can also detect the internet connection but eventually when I try to connect to my network it times out and can not get an internet connection.

EDIT: I FIXED IT! ALL I DID WAS TURN THE IPOD OFF THEN REJAILBREAK WITH BLACKRA1N
  2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Reset your routor. It seems like it that and not your iPod.
  3. kingcoolryan

kingcoolryan Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    if you are on 3.1.2 3rd gen. Back up you SHSHs and then you will be able to restore to 3.1.2 without problem. And restore would probly fix your problem. I probly would just go for a dfu restore.
  4. CSon

CSon New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have pressed the reset button on my router. Still doesn't work. My ipod can detect the network in the list. If that information is helpful.

@Kingcoolryan Is there a tutorial I can see that tells me how to do it? That would be helpful.

Please Register or Log in to view images

EDIT: My Laptop can access the internet which uses WiFi no problem.

EDIT: Using the Wifi Trak app it can also detect the internet connection but eventually when I try to connect to my network it times out and can not get an internet connection.

EDIT: I FIXED IT! ALL I DID WAS TURN THE IPOD OFF THEN REJAILBREAK WITH BLACKRA1N!