Ipod wont connect to Itunes

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by karsh, Nov 1, 2007.

1. karsh

karsh New Member

Ok so i did it all, now i have all the applications on my ipod.

I go to add my music to my ipod via Itunes but it saids "Iphone software is needed"

So i cant use Itunes as i hacked my ipod? That sucks please tell me there is a way around this!
  2. Gabe

Gabe Member

Device:
    iPhone
    are you using 64-bit windows? If not try to reinstall itunes

itunes is not compatible with 64-bit windows. I personally run vista 64bit and cannot use itunes with my touch. Good thing I have a back up PC that runs vista 32bit.
  3. cjccjc09

cjccjc09 New Member

that happens to me a couple of times...

you have to do is:

**You must unistall Itunes , Quick Time , Apple Software Update, and Apple Mobile Device Support

**Then go to search files type Apple, Then Do another Search type in Itunes , Then Do another Search Type in Apple Mobile Device Support

**You must delete this files manually from your computer

**Then when you finish deleting files manually YOU MUST MUST restart your Computer (Before that make sure you delete all the itunes and especially the apple moblie device support files)

**Then install a fresh copy of itunes.

**The reason why its saying you need the " Iphone Software" is because the apple mobile support folder is missing a file ( This file is the apple mobile support file that you use for jailbreaking your ipod). In order to get that file back you must remove all the apple itunes files and programs including Quick Time, Apple Software Update, Itunes, and Apple Mobile Support. You got to uninstall all the program and also delete the remaining files of Itunes, Quick time, and Apple Mobile Support Folders after unistalling it. To do that Use the windows Search to locate the files and delete them....
  4. jackassxl101

jackassxl101 New Member

I love you so much right now.

I had this problem 2 weeks.
  5. cjccjc09

cjccjc09 New Member

Did It work?
  6. karsh

karsh New Member

VERY much so, i do indeed owe you a beer. I am so grateful! so grateful.

Thank you very much.

Now if i jailbreak my ipod, and i want to use itunes is it possible? or cant u use itunes to update music once jailbreaked?
  7. cjccjc09

cjccjc09 New Member

you could still sync and update song and videos if you jailbreak your ipod properly... when you jailbreak your ipod be careful the firmware 1.1.2 is coming out if you jailbreak your ipod and update to 1.1.2 you gonna have a brick itouch..