iPod wont connect to iTunes after computer shutdown

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by legendarytrainer, Sep 9, 2010.

1. legendarytrainer

legendarytrainer New Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Ok, so I just got my iPod touch 4g a few hours ago, I plugged it in and set it up, then i went to go have a snack while my iPod was syncing. Well since my computer is a piece of sh*t, it shut off in the middle of the sync. Now my iPod is not recognized bu iTunes for some reason. I can enter restore mode and it recognizes it but it wont recognize in normal mode. iTunes stalls as if its going to load it, like ti always has on previous iPod touches, but then doesnt. I tried restarting AppleMobileDevice by killing the task and then reestarting it, disabling it under Device Manager and re enableing it, I restarted my computer 3 times. Nothing will work, and I'm pissed becasue its going to take an hour to download the firmware for it and then i have to resotre it and start all over. When i plug it in, my computer makes the sound as if its plugged in but it shows up in neither windows explorer of iTunes. When i checked the About under general settings it said 5Gb of space was used up, for music, but said 0 songs and 0 videos, etc. and i couldnt access any throguh the music app. If i could get it to recognize i might be abel to fix it without all of this bull. Runnign Windows 7 and iTunes 10. Thanks in advance.