iPod won't connect to a perfectly working wireless network.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Cool Guy, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Cool Guy

Cool Guy New Member

Hey dudes

I've just managed to jailbreak my iPod and the only problem was I don't have a wireless modem or router in order to use the Installer. So I followed this dude's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn4W7ogIrfE instruction accordingly on how to make my laptop's WiFi into a hot spot. Tested with my sister's laptop and works perfectly but not with my iPod. When trying to connect to the laptop's Wifi, it just says unable to connect...??? Oh and the WEP security thingo i disabled it.

Thanks
  2. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

I had this problem doing the same thing on holiday, it would connect and the wifi bars appeared in the top left but then it would say could not connect. If you click cancel when it says can not connect then it will hold the connection (bars in the top left) until you change the app and then it will drop the connection and will not regain it until you go to settings, general, reset, reset network settings - when you click this it will reboot the ipod then make sure you go to the app you want the wifi for (for me installer) and open it - again it will ask you to choose a network (your adhoc) then when you choose it say it could not connect but if you cancel it the bars will stay in the top left and you can refresh sources and install apps. Even more weird mine worked fine the day I left holiday for home and didn't need it any more!
  3. Cool Guy

Cool Guy New Member

That's exactly what's happening to me, but still haven't given up on it yet.
  4. iRaw

iRaw New Member

same i got it to work on xp for a while and same with vista but now im joining ya'lls club with the cancel thing