iPod WONT CHARGE

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xSNOWCAT, Jan 26, 2008.

1. xSNOWCAT

xSNOWCAT New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i connect it to many outlets to my computer, nothing. i had this problem before and it just charge now the battery is complely dead and i cant use my ipot because it wont turn on, i had this problem all yesterday when jailbreaking 1.1.3 but it never turned off but it was always connected to the usb, but it cant get past 10% charge i need help fast

thanks
  2. xSNOWCAT

xSNOWCAT New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    sorry i need to bump, should i buy the apple charger for 5 bucks...will that work?

i dont want to have to make a trip to the apple trip in SoHo
  3. chinchillion

chinchillion New Member

I'm not sure exactly what the problem is
    but I had a similar thing the other day.
    At the time I has 1.1.2 jailbroken software and I plugged it into my computer to sync on iTunes and charge at the same time. It updated and everything but when I went to turn it on (while it was still plugged in) the battery thing wasn't ont he screen, it was my wallpaper.
    So then I went and plugged it into the wall and it charged fine and now it charges fine on my computer as well.
    Yesterday I put 1.1.3 on it and it still charged fine.

So if you don't find a solution than I'd say a possible solution is to try a wall mounted charger.
    Maybe try calling a neighbor or friend that might have one that you could borrow for a little bit.
  4. xSNOWCAT

xSNOWCAT New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    thanks for the help i tried a differnt ipod with the sam usb and and usb port and it worked fine

i dont think i could of burnt of the battery i had it for 2 monthes........wait can i have done that?
  5. chinchillion

chinchillion New Member

Well the batteries (according to apple...) tend to die down after about a year.
    They're working on the problem and they'll probably (i know from past experience) replace everybody's ipod that is defective with a brand new one...free of charge.

But I doubt it's burnt out and if you find out it is, make sure you delete installer and all the apps before you send it in to apple for a new one.
  6. xSNOWCAT

xSNOWCAT New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i would delete all those apps but the thing my ipod went dead and now it wont go on
  7. chinchillion

chinchillion New Member

hmm sh*t didn't think about that. haha sry

well (to me) it sounds like the battery is burned out.
    When you plug it in and open itunes, does it show up on the left side?
    if it doesn't than the thing where you plug the cord into the computer might be fried. This happened to my sister and she was freakin out for a week because her mouse wouldn't work and she hates using the little touchpad on the laptop.

But if it does show up than you could probably restore it to software 1.1.3 and then call apple and see what they say.
  8. xSNOWCAT

xSNOWCAT New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    it doesnt show on the left of itunes because it give me the dead battery icon on the screen and it wont charge
    i tried differnt USB ports nothing oh and i have a little speaker system where it play and charges music that didnt work either

TIME TO PLOT:
    how can i cover my 3rd party apps to send it back to apple??
  9. xSNOWCAT

xSNOWCAT New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    another thing i conect another ipod to that usb port and it works

i know people that had the iPot since the week before it came out, JB it and thier battery didnt die out
  10. xSNOWCAT

xSNOWCAT New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    ok i charged it on another computer and it goes on now but it wont charge past 10%....so this has to be a problem with my battery right?