Ipod Wont Charge Stays at....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Icey37, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Icey37

Icey37 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Well i have my friends ipod, and she said that it wont charge. And stays at the like very low battery sign. And even though it's connected it doesn't move.

itunes won't detect the ipod, and
    when i try to put in recovery mode or restart it just sits at the apple logo for a long time, or until i like press the sleep key. Then just goes back to the low battery sign. I think it was originally 1.1.4 and my other friend jailbroke it and made the firmware 2.0 then after a few weeks it just froze..

its just dead ...

Any help?
  2. dashwood03

dashwood03 New Member

3. Redshift

Redshift New Member

That's really bizarre. Perhaps try taking it to a local Apple store and see what they can do.

Edit:

Dashwood, I honestly don't see how that helps him. If anything that may help prevent that situation, but by no means fix it.
  4. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You could try a hard reboot (hold home and power buttons until device turns off and let go when you see the apple logo) followed by fully charging your device from the mains rather than your computers USB. Then upgrade your firmware to a clean 2.1 f/w (most stable). Following that discharge your device fully followed by a full recharge to recalibrate the battery meter. See if that helps. If not then you may have a hardware problem.

p.s. Redshift, your advice is much less help than dashwood's, at least he tried. Even the schmucks know about taking their device back to Apple... Name me one noob who wouldn't have this in the back of their mind as their last resort... however they usually come here first seeking advice prior to the final RMA step. Keep pushing that post count...
  5. Redshift

Redshift New Member

I'm not talking about something like mailing it to Apple, that wouldn't be good at all in a jailbroken state. I'm just saying that an Apple store is much more helpful, and it's not like they'd take away your iPod touch if it was jailbroken.
  6. Icey37

Icey37 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    it wont charge at all.. and what do you mean main charge? and

Something new when im at my mom's house she has vista and when i plug it in it shows the Apple Logo and like the loading sign like the circle moving in circles lol..?? anything new
  7. *EvilTater*

*EvilTater* New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    doubt this is it but i had this problem with the first gen touch. for me the battery was fried and would not charge/hold power, after hr of play it would be dead even though it was fully charged. best way to find out is apple support.
  8. Icey37

Icey37 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    ok thanks and it is 1st gen i guess ill take it to a apple store