ipod wont boot after jb?!?!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by ipodtouchh2g, Feb 3, 2009.

1. ipodtouchh2g

ipodtouchh2g New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I downloaded winterboard at a wifi spot but didnt reboot then i went to my house and clicked cydia with no wifi then it was still at the reboot so i clicked the button the screen went black and now my computer (windows) wont recognize the ipodtouch what happen!?!
  2. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

Why do I even take the time to answer? Because I'm a nice guy. xD

Hold down your Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds. If you use XP, then you should have a USB device error. Now boot into DFU mode and follow step 13 of this tutorial:

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137796

You will have to do this every time you reboot.
  3. ipodtouchh2g

ipodtouchh2g New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    umm yeah i would do that but it wont boot in DFU it wont recognize my ipod! -.-
  4. cheesecake

cheesecake New Member

hey i had the same problem after i had put the new "speacial" fimware and typed in the codes it wouldnt boot. But i found and used and still "redsn0w 1_0" very easy. it has a inbuilt timer for u to put in DFU mode and if it isnt reconised try install lib usb
  5. ipodtouchh2g

ipodtouchh2g New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ummm link please? thanks!
  6. Touchtacular

Touchtacular New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    *points at the big sign that says TETHERED JAILBREAK and shakes his head* little did the Devteam know that they would unleash a veritable Pandora's box of spam threads complaining about "bricked" iPods...
  7. linkhero

linkhero New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Sorry that I'm wasting space and bumping unnecessarily but I feel really bad for you 2G jailbreakers, let me tell ya
  8. cheesecake

cheesecake New Member

well look at the redsnow thread section or use google it aint hard type "redsn0w 1_0 ipodtouchfans " u dont need people to spoon feed you infomation look for yourself sorry for the flaming but seriously