iPod without Wifi-Winterboard Question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fadethreeblack, Mar 11, 2009.

1. fadethreeblack

fadethreeblack New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello there.

As the title says, I dont have Wifi and just went over to the untethered (was on tethered). I dont have winterboard on my ipod right now, so can anyone tell me how I can get WinterBoard to work?

I downloaded the .deb file for WinterBoard and extracted it (there were the files control.tar and data.tar in it). I still have the .deb file. I also have another WinterBoard folder I found on the internet while I was searching. Regardless, I have NO IDEA how to get these to work.

Is there a rar i can download and just extract and place in my ipod VIA iPhone Browser or Total Commander so itll work (idc if I have to restart my ipod). If so, where? Can I set permissions for files thru iPhone Browser or Total Commander?

All help is appreciated. If anyone knows how to get WinterBoard and how to get it onto my ipod, please reply.

Thanks,
    Fade
  2. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

install an app from the app store.

when i SSHed Transformer on, it didnt appear until i downloaded something from the App Store.
  3. fadethreeblack

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Where do I get WinterBoard?

do I put the .deb file in? the extracted .deb? Where do I put the WinterBoard file?
  4. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

in the Applications folder.
  5. fadethreeblack

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    so I move the .deb into the applications folder, sync an application from itunes to my ipod, then WinterBoard will be there?
  6. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

i believe so. b/c thats where i put my transformer app. and make sure its the entire winterboard folder.