Ipod will NOT turn on, or connect to the computer to charge

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jfredson123, Dec 24, 2008.

1. jfredson123

jfredson123 New Member

Alright, got my new apple Ipod Touch for Christmas a couple hours ago *early present* and I got all happy, went over to my computer to setup, I plugged the USB in to charge it, at first I got some really random white screen, but I ended up turning it off and back on, so now I got a picture with a battery "low life" and charge icon, so I get up and leave it to charge, I come back in about 5 minutes to see that the Ipod is OFF, Its really hot "like a coffee". So I try turning it on doesnt work, I plug the USB back in to try charging it, DOESNT work. My computer doesnt even read it anymore, usually when you plug in a hardware it makes the beeping sound, and a bubble appears, now it doesnt do anything, Ive even tried multiple computers, if anyone has a solution that would be great, if not well... then I guess I'll have to return it on friday.

-- By the way its a 2nd generation 32GB one.
  2. fckinfamous

fckinfamous Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Might of got a bad or messed up ipod touch, i would return it.
  3. jfredson123

jfredson123 New Member

Alright, well I have a feeling my battery is "completely" dead, because that could be the really only reason, and my computer never reads it, but I read on apple support that it takes around 30 mins for your computer to read a full depleted battery Ipod touch, I plugged it back in, the bottom of the ipod touch "feels" to get getting a little bit warm, not to much from the top of it. I'll see what happens, I hope it works :\