Ipod will not turn on after jailbreak. Help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Stricken1, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Stricken1

Stricken1 New Member

I have jailbroken my ipod touch 2.1 and i went through all the processes, installing cydia, then OpenSSH and i reset my ipod touch to make sure all the changes take effect. it worked fine, then i changed the MobileInstallation file with WinSCP, and restarted it again. Now i turn it on, and it just sits on the apple logog forever!

This is the third time i have had this problem, always at the same stage in the jailbreaking process, have apple altered the MobileInstallation file so that the ipod can't start without the official one? should i downgrade to make it easier? or is there a fix for this error?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Please Register or Log in to view images

P.S. thought i should mention, it randomly flashes from the apple logo screen :S
  2. ryanlusk

ryanlusk Banned

Sorry , never seen that you are on 2.1
    My bad.
  3. Stricken1

Stricken1 New Member

what do you mean? i should downgrade?

Another thing, i didnt change the permissions of the MobileInstallation file, could this effect it?
  4. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You shouldn't have to be modifying/replacing the MobileInstallation file.
    It works completely fine already.

EDIT: Isn't this the second person today that has already asked about this?
  5. dashwood03

dashwood03 New Member

as This forum always say

That if u were installing any illegal apps,

U should be ready for any risks it will take.
  6. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Karma.​
  7. N0iZe

N0iZe New Member

Mobile Installation needs to be modified only if one wishes to run illegal apps?
  8. Stricken1

Stricken1 New Member

i wasn't installing any apps, but i was told that the mobile intallation file stops old save games from being put on the ipod, and i had a really good line rider, so i wanted to keep that one there
  9. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I smell a lie.
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107323
  10. Stricken1

Stricken1 New Member

FINE! You found me out ok? happy? ffs, i just want some help sorting out this problem! i'll have you know the only "crack" app i have is PACMAN, because that game is stupidly overpriced!!! I got space invaders, another old classic for about £2, but they manage to charge £6 for PACMAN? i like the game, but the pricing is ridiculous!

i guarantee that at least half of the users of this site use cracked apps, even if they are not willing to admit it.

I only asked my question on this site because it is the biggest site, and best. I dont know why we're not allowed to talk about cracked apps anyway, iFornterForums doesnt allow cracked apps posting, but it allows us to talk about them, and any problems we have can actually be resolved, but there are no where near as many people on it.

I will take my problem somewhere else if no one is willing to help me, but it was worth a shot...