iPod will not sync

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Alisse, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Alisse

Alisse New Member

iPod will not sync - EDIT!

I'm using the newest version of iTunes, and I have a 8GB version 2.2 iPod Touch. When I plug my iPod into my laptop, iTunes recognises it. When I click sync, nothing shows up in iTunes, and on my iPod it goes to the sync in progress screen, but this disappears after 2 or 3 seconds, and no content has been updated.
    I've tried reinstalling iTunes, but this changed nothing. I've tried restarting my laptop, and my iPod, and it still wouldn't sync. When I try to reset my iPod, by pressing the sleep/wake and home buttons together, instead of the apple logo appearing, the "slide to power off" appears. My iPod has always done this since the day I got it.
    As a last resort I tried to restore my iPod, and when I did so, after agreeing to the terms and stuff, I get the following error:
    "There was a problem downloading the iPod software for the iPod "Alisse's iPod". You do not have permission to access the requested resource."

My iPod is 4 months old and this is not the first time I've hadtrouble with it. About a month ago it would not update to version 2.2, and after not trying to update for about a week, it updated with no problems.

EDIT: The first attempt I make at syncing my iPod after the laptop has been switched off, it says "Sync in progress" both on the iPod and in iTunes, and it lasts for slightly longer - about 10 seconds - but still, no content is added.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Vash01

Vash01 New Member

Do you have anything in your library?
  3. Alisse

Alisse New Member

Yeah, I've got a music video and a TV program I bought from iTunes, and about 4 apps from the App Store, that haven't been loaded onto my iPod yet. I've got all the music and photos that are already loaded onto my iPod.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ok, is there any way to email Apple (UK) for Tech Support? I can't find a link. I'd take it back to the store, but it closed down a month ago. =/