iPod will not enter DFU mode

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Tidus575, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Tidus575

Tidus575 New Member

I jailbroke my 2G ipod touch a few weeks ago and everything was going great. I had to even reboot a few times and it worked fine. I installed that Free Memory app from the app store to lessen the amount of times I had to reboot, but today after it tried to clear the memory my ipod just shut off. Obviously it wouldn't reboot itself, but i wasn't at home so it was in my pocket for a while just dead. I plugged my ipod in when i got home and tried putting it into DFU mode... nothing. I have tried to put it in DFU mode many times now, so I am very desperate for help. I downloaded the DFU Helper but it wont open for some reason. Is my ipod bricked? or will i eventually be able to reenter dfu mode?
  2. Zacs Empire

Zacs Empire New Member

Some times it takes several tries to get into DFU mode...I took me like 10 tries one time.
  3. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Mmm.
    Yeah.
    Use a DFU timer.
  4. -Kerrigan-

-Kerrigan- New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you have like 3 MB of RAM left your iPod can possibly reboot if you try to clear it with Free Memory.
  5. Tidus575

Tidus575 New Member

Ok I tried all of these things, and even when I watch the stop watch and time it perfectly, nothing happens. rslite keeps saying that nothing is connected in dfu mode. I reinstalled libusb, but it didn't seem to work either. Do you have to restart your computer after libusb is installed? Please help I know redsn0w can't brick your ipod but mine still wont work so im getting a bit scared now
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ok so i just realized that the usb port that my ipod was connected to was dead, so i switched it and all is well with the world =) thanks for your help everyone