ipod will not charge or sync to computer, only wall charge

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mylax33142, Nov 25, 2008.

1. mylax33142

mylax33142 New Member

Last night, I plugged my 1st gen Itouch into my 2008 macbook pro to charge, but i didn't open my macbook to cancel the sync. The Ipod received a full charge. It was not until this afternoon that I tried charging it again, and it did nothing. So, I plugged it into my wall charger, and worked fine. Back to my macbook, but still no response, will not charge, will not sync, the ipt screen does not respond at all. I have tried 3 different cords, another laptop, another ipod, re installed itunes, restarted itunes mobile devices and prayed. What else can I do, I am ready to give up hope. Besides this problem, the screen is also cracked because I left it in a cold car all night, but it is not a big deal, plus it cracked a few weeks ago, and i have synced a few times since. Puhleasee Help ME, I will be up all night untill I fix this Problem. Oh Yeah, the warranty expired on october 17. Good Job Apple!
  2. lrod

lrod New Member

same issue.

Tis the reason why I signed up here just now. I need the same help. Only difference is I have Win XP. I'm bad about not doing the proper disconnect for my usb devices. But I've never had a problem before by just pulling the cord. Had a 1st gen Touch now for about a month. Everything worked fine. 2 days ago it quit syncing or being recognized by computer as a working device. Tried different computers as well..diff cords, etc etc.

I do not have a wall charger, so I dont know if it will work on mine the same as the other.

But honestly---somebody please help us with this issue if you can. Its driving me up the wall.
  3. mylax33142

mylax33142 New Member

is it just a bricked ipod, or should i bring it to my apple store to have them take a look?
  4. mpossible

mpossible New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    same problem~ Went to plug mine in and nothing. The computer doesn't recognize it. It charges on my car charger and on my radio adapter but not the PC. Help!
  5. doumasjohn

doumasjohn New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    same problem. The ipod doesn't sync or charge when connected to the computer, but it charges in a speaker dock system. Did any of you guys find a solution?
  6. GameFreak227

GameFreak227 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Same for mine!

iPod 2nd gen jail broken using Greenposi0n to start cydia never opened and now to topd it off it only charges in wall but not all the time sometimes doesnt work i want to delete all content and setting but not sure what all i have backed up!!
  7. imranh101

imranh101 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    You only tried one computer.
    Try another. Chances are something is wrong with the PC's USB ports or their drivers. Try re installing iTunes also.
  8. GameFreak227

GameFreak227 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i tried my moms lap top 2 they both say problem with syncing message on the computer it syncs and can charge now but can access itunes to restore it so i can get my apps and stuff back
  9. pineapple juice

pineapple juice Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 7
    Epic bump, good sir.
  10. DarkAura17

DarkAura17 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Good stuff, at least they're searching before posting.

Please Register or Log in to view images