Ipod will not charge anymore

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by WBSKI, Jan 12, 2009.

1. WBSKI

WBSKI New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    After 1 year of a perfect ipod it doesn't want to charge anymore. For clarification I am on Pwned 2.2 with an 8gb ipod touch. I was on a trip and plugged it into my new macbook to charge it (first time I had ever used this laptop to charge) and it kept stopping charging every couple minutes (the sign on the ipod said that the device was fully charged, but the battery level indicator showed that it only had 20% charge. I managed to charge it eventually by unplugging and plugging it in every so often. Now it won't even charge at all! It is stuck on the super low charge screen and won't start up.. I wanted to restore it in case something got corrupted but I can't even do that now. I have tried charging it from a wall charger, my PC and my laptop.

Do I need a new battery or something? The ipod had a good 4 hours of web browsing only a week ago..

Thanks for the help!
  2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    And why cant you restore? Oh didnt see the, I have tried charging it from a wall charger, my PC and my laptop. You might just have to replace the battery. I would call apple and see whats up.
  3. WBSKI

WBSKI New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Aha, I found the solution: There is an issue with the connection from the ipod cable to the ipod, I taped the cable down and that way the ipod seems to charge. I guess I will have to try another cable now.
  4. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I dont like the new cables that they now have without the side buttons just because the small hooks scratch the sides since your not able to retract them anymore.
  5. WBSKI

WBSKI New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Grr, I tried another cable, no difference. The problem kept getting worse until I couldn't get the ipod to charge at all. Then I put some progold cleaner on the dock which helped for a while. Now the iPod charges when I push up or down on the dock connector but it often loses the connection and stops charging. What can I do? Clearly it is the contacts, which look fine under a magnifying glass..
  6. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    its in the usb cable. i have a similar problem.

edit: oops you found the problem. sorry ^^

[nevermind]