iPod wifi problem PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by wammybar6, Apr 14, 2009.

1. wammybar6

wammybar6 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Now this iPod is probably only a few months probably only just one but now the wifi is not very good. Xtreme iPhone and i went for a walk today to look for wireless internets that were unlocked or had an easy password. He kept finding them and connecting to the free ones but mine wasn't detecting them. He's had his for much longer and we both have a 2nd generation. I used the icy app Wifinder and that could see the them but not connect. Settings couldn't really see any but when I did it was much lower than Xtreme iPhones in the exact same spot. I thought this could have been caused by wifinder so i deleted it. It still is not as good as Xtreme's. Is there something I can do to improve Wifi. (i know 3.0 will improve it as well).
  2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    There are reported issues with 2.2.1 f/w and wifi... apparently due to battery heat negatively affecting WiFi chip stabililty. If you're jailbroken this could be further exacerbated. Could be the issue. I would suggest you consider restoring to see if that helps or wait for 3.0.

Link