iPod Wifi Not Working -- Need Extra Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by awesomekev95, Jul 21, 2010.

1. awesomekev95

awesomekev95 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    A couple days ago, I was running iOS 4 (obviously not jailbroken) and everything was fine, but I did want to have a jailbroken iPod, so my friend told me how to downgrade my firmware to 3.1.2 so it could be jailbroken. I downgraded and then jailbroke it, and now, even though I can connect to networks and it shows that I have a signal, I can't load ANYTHING at all. No apps that use the internet will work whatsoever. I tried using the guide someone posted to help fix this but nothing worked. What should I do to make my Wi-Fi work on the 3.1.2 jailbreak?

By the way, I haven't tried seeing if the Wi-Fi problems are caused by a jailbreak or not, because I didn't connect it to the internet while it was running non-jailbroken 3.1.2. I tried restoring it and loading 3.1.2 again and I still have the same problem.

Here, I took some screenshots.

Please Register or Log in to view images

With those edited settings (following the guide) I get zero connectivity whatsoever. With the original settings, I get very limited connectivity (sometimes I can connect, but most of the time, I can't).