iPod Went Weird..NEED HELP!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mr Deftino, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Mr Deftino

Mr Deftino New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hey guys, I was using my iPod today, and I let my friend have a go on virtual pool. However, when I got it back, when I pressed the home button nothing happened, unless I pressed it alot then it would come up with the song that was last playing and then say "close" or "play". I've now just plugged it into my PC through USB and my pc says USB Device Not Recognised, and iTunes didn't open. Not only that, my iPod now won't switch on. It has a tethered jailbreak on it. The battery was just below full when I noticed the home button wasn't working. What is happening?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I've put it in DFU mode and iTunes now picks it up. Is there any last ditch effort to fix this without losing my jailbreak? Or will i HAVE to restore. I wouldn't mind but I had Pokémon Red on it with a level 16 Charmander!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

lol.

EDIT2: Hmm it appears my battery was below 10% when I restored it. This is weird, I charged it to full last night and left it in sleep for about 10 hours, then went on a game for about 10 minutes max, then left it on sleep again for about 5 hours. This wouldn't kill the battery would it? Strange.
  2. eric780

eric780 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    When you were first mashing the home button, the thing popped up because your ipod was lagging so it inputed as double-clicking the home button.
    Did it freeze completely after that?

Just boot the ipod up again and it'll be fine, it's the same effect as restarting it.