ipod went swimming

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dgsledneck, Sep 13, 2009.

1. dgsledneck

dgsledneck New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i dropped my ipod in the lake where it went swimming overnight and i found it the next day in about ten feet of water. i brought it home and put it in a bag of rice for a week . i charged it and the back light worked , now it decided it didnt want to work anymore. everything else works fine. i have a 3 year best buy psp which i doubt covers water damage since i bought the plan before they came out with their new accidental plan. anyways i was wondering if anyone had any luck with best buy in a similar situation at all. and secondly i can buy a new screen for it online but is the backlight included in the screen as one unit or do i need to look for another part?
  2. LssThanThree

LssThanThree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    are you serious?
    Dude, it's messed up for good!
  3. lolwut37

lolwut37 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I dont recommend trying to fix it yourself

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. emery72

emery72 New Member

I have no personal experience with returning a water damaged ipod touch to best buy, but there are threads that discuss it. Some was able to return theirs to best buy and they didn't check to see if there was water damage or not. Other people have not been as lucky. I think it is worth a try returning it...you really don't have anything to lose. You could also try one of the tricks to turn the paper stuff in the head phone jack back to white. Some people say they have gotten it to work for them. Let us know what happens if you try to return it.
  5. internet626

internet626 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You need a new circuit board, not a new screen. The thing is fried. Just take it back and see what happens.