iPod Water Damage?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by personman, Aug 17, 2008.

1. personman

personman Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Wellllllll.... My sister had my iPod in her pocket in the pool for about 15 mins. Lets see..... Plugging it in.... It says battery charging...... Apple Logo...... Turns off. This happened yesterday and I might be lucky. I was having other problems and Apple put through an order for a new one and I have to call AppleCare and they'll send me a new one with engraving. I bought a bunch of apps a day before and never backed them up. I don't feel like spending an hour getting them all again. Is there any way to get my iPod to stay on long enough to sync my apps back over?

Now nothing is happening when I plug it in.
  2. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    You can try ssh if it's jailbroken. But I doubt it will work. Just plug it into a power source and see if it works. It's all I can tell you if your computer can't recognize it.
  3. personman

personman Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    That wouldn't work becuase the system must boot up first before SSH activates. Plus, I'm not jailbroken.
  4. personman

personman Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    It works!

OMFG, I can't believe it. It works! I synced everything over to my PC again and Apple is sending me a box. What was that thing that makes the litmus paper not show the other color. Cuz on the phone they said they'll look at it first. If they see it got wet, although thats not what caused the problems I was having they might decline and send it back. AND possibly charge me a $100 "Diagnostic Fee" although it was free at the store. I hope for the best.
  5. jordskee

jordskee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    lol wouldnt she feel it in her pocket?
  6. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    that kinda sucks for you. i have no idea how to fix it but my guess is sshing it like tinyman392 said
  7. olarpay

olarpay New Member

make your sister buy a new one.