iPod warranty !

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by s4shanonly, Oct 23, 2007.

1. s4shanonly

s4shanonly New Member

Hi Guys,

I am from India. I wanted to own a touch (in Sept) but it wasn't availabe here at that time. I went to some resellers but they told me that touch will be available in mid-October. So I decide to buy it online and bought one and get this shipped to my friend's home (who is in US), and then he sent this via USPS. I am very happy with it, Everything is fine but the battery is not upto that mark, it only lasts for 8 hours (without watching video).

Now I wanted to know that is iPod warranty global ? Can I replace it from within India itself ? Or what is the best way to replace it ?

Any suggestions please !
  2. s4shanonly

s4shanonly New Member

3. touch101

touch101 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    you might have to wait till it comes out in your country is my guess but outherwise try sendin it back to were yougot it from.
  4. avaloncourt

avaloncourt New Member

My suggestion? Google is your friend. Google "iPod Warranty." The very first link is, amazingly enough, the iPod Warranty. On that page is the link to the PDF document for the iPod warranty and it contains the information you want.
  5. andejp12

andejp12 New Member

I'm just wondering if you've had WIFI on during the 8 hours that you're reporting? The only reason I ask is that Apple never released numbers to expect with WIFI being turned on. I actually think that's why a lot of people around this site think that their battery life went down after jailbreaking it. I've been shutting wifi off whn I know that I'm not going to be using it and I've been happy with the battery life for the most part

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. s4shanonly

s4shanonly New Member

7. avaloncourt

avaloncourt New Member

It doesn't matter if you're surfing or not. If it's on it's a radio connection that will use power. The same rules apply that apply with a laptop. If you turn off your wireless you can extend your battery life. The wireless connection still has housekeeping duties to maintain a connection. Take a look at the wireless activity indicator on your router while you're not doing anything. There will be plenty of activity.
  8. s4shanonly

s4shanonly New Member

hmmmm... i see. Thank you very much. I'll again test my battery with wifi off.
  9. avaloncourt

avaloncourt New Member

Don't forget to install Services and shut off SSH when you're not using that, if you've done a jailbreak on it. That has been said on here many times. It will also significantly reduce your battery life.
  10. s4shanonly

s4shanonly New Member

I've not done any jailbreak yet, but thanks for pointing it out.

Please Register or Log in to view images