ipod video size

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by n88n, Nov 1, 2007.

1. n88n

n88n New Member

Hi guys,

the touch is my first video ipod and I see all this talk about video outputs for the thing.

My question is how is the video quality of a movie outputted to a tv. I mean when you go from a 3 inch screen to 42 inch screen, what does that do to the quality?
  2. iStealth

iStealth New Member

Good question as I am toying with buying the ouput cables myself... I'll do a search and see if it has been discussed.

EDIT

Please Register or Log in to view images

id a quick serach, no one really discussed quality from the touch to large tv, but maybe I didn't search on the right key words?
  3. n88n

n88n New Member

yeah I searched around here but i just keep getting results about converting software.

let me know if you find anything.

thanks

Nate
  4. Rawd

Rawd New Member

I bought the composite cables (1 yellow wire) and I am impressed with the quality. I'd say not as good as dvd, but better than regular cable tv. The component video cables(Green, Blue, Red), I'm sure would be even better.
  5. n88n

n88n New Member

thanks for answering Rawd. I was just afraid it would look like a pixelated mess.

I just got a new LCD tv with those Component ports and I might just have to get those video cables. Would be cool to watch diggnation on the big screen.

thanks Bro.

Nate
  6. ctstan

ctstan New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i have not yet did any video out with the touch --- but with my vid IPOD 80 gig I have watched countless hours of movies on televisions, flat screens, and movie projectors (even up to a rather large auditorium screen) and have had good results.

the secret is especially with the touch ...... you can get by with pretty small file sizes if you only are going to watch on the touch .... if you are thinking of video out ........ you need to render at a little higher quality

if using a MAC .. Handbrake is your best friend
    If using a PC .. Super C video converter is your best friend

If you have an Intel Mac ------ you got good friends and are happy.
  7. lukkks

lukkks New Member

The thing is when encoding

When you encode the video to mp4 the better quality you choose the better it will show in the tv.... and just think that the video encoders (transformers) already have a feature in them to show the videos on tv two.... because when you transform the videos the size gets bigger two. From 700mb to like 900mb in my case...

well that's what i think at least

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. iStealth

iStealth New Member

Typically what files sizes are you guys encoding at?