iPod & Video into One?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ipodtouch1234, Jun 11, 2010.

1. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Has anyone tried to look into doing this? I hate having the separate video app because it just wastes space in the dock or springboard. Has anyone found a plist edit that could manage to change this? I took a look at one a while back, but it just broke both apps.
  2. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    The Movie and iPod apps are separate on the iPad so it might not be so easy merging them. You may hide the movie app's icon, though, or any other default icons if you do not wish to use them.
  3. xXrkidXx

xXrkidXx Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It has iPod and video? wtf Apple.. Well find the N82AP.plist or the iPad equivelent and change Unified-iPod to true. see if it fixes it.
  4. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    That doesn't work and that profile is only for the iPhone and iPod. The iPad one is something like K48AP...

And as I have mentioned, the iPad has separate apps for iPod and video unlike the iPhone and iPod Touch. I suspect Apple will also take that approach with iOS 4 devices...

Edit: yep, doesn't work. Specifying that value leaves only the iPod icon, but when you launch it, it'll only launch the video player because now there are separate daemons for movies and music.
  5. EMH

EMH Active Member

I've always thought that was weird too, especially since it's named "iPod" like the iPhone's is. Having "Video" as a tab along the sidebar would be great.
  6. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Your purchases, including movies and TV shows will show in the Purchases tab of the iPod app, and you can choose to play them without transitioning to another app, but when you are done, you are taken back to the menu of the Video app.

Weird, I know, considering there are different daemons for them...

Plus there is no CoverFlow as has been mentioned many times, but the album art takes up and obscene amount of space on the screen. I think Apple may want to fill the screen up with something else...