iPod Video 5g Modding Help!

Discussion in 'iPod classic, nano, etc.' started by x6blues, Mar 20, 2008.

1. x6blues

x6blues New Member

Alright, well I am trying to mod my brother's ipod video as well as my mothers, both are 5g. I have download iPodWizard, using it with Windows Vista. I have run the program as an administrator and loaded the firmware, so it is accessing the ipods. However, everytime I try to do something such as load images the program closes and it tells me it is searching for a problem. Any ideas to what it could be.?

Also, someone who could walk me through this would be appreciated greatly. A feat I would like to accomplish would be this theme, it is called a "hybrid" theme

Please Register or Log in to view images

If any other themes exist that anyone recommends I would be open to anything

Anyone who can help/guide me through this would be a saint in my opinion. Thank you for reading and any help you can give

. For right now, I need to go to bed, 10 P.M. over here, so if any help can come tomorrow that would be great.

(For any "guidance" that could be given,lol, my windows live is x6blues@live.com)
  2. x6blues

x6blues New Member

bump, need help please
  3. Juni44ever

Juni44ever Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I guess you have to use WinXP, or try to run it on Compatibility mode... but it's better to mod it on WinXP, because Vista can crash it at any moment...
  4. music4life

music4life Active Member

Well there's two fixes...

1. Run as Administrator|| But because you already did that it's obviously not going to work that way so....

2. Right click on ipodwizard.exe and go to compatibility mode, then check the checkbox all the way at the bottom. (Don't quite remember what it's called =\)

If that doesn't work just get back to me.

As far as the "hybrid" theme I know my stuff, and there are many themes in the "hybrid" category. But that's not the only cool one out there! I suggest you take a look at the themes on ipodwizard.net and find a good one that you like. Even easier is to find a place on the internet where the theme-maker offers the firmware.

Once you get iPodWizard running...get back to me if you still don't get how to intsall the hybrid theme, I'll be glad to help you out..
  5. x6blues

x6blues New Member

what do you mean crash at any moment? do you mean the program iPodWizard?

EDIT: thx music4life, dam lifesaver

trying it now
  6. Joseph

Joseph Retired Moderator

Also, make sure the theme is compatible with your firmware :]
  7. x6blues

x6blues New Member