iPod turns purple w/ vertical lines

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by RitzMonkey, May 4, 2010.

1. RitzMonkey

RitzMonkey New Member

I have a 16 gig 2nd Gen iPod running 3.1.3. software. Lately anytime its asleep and i hit the home screen, in about 2 seconds, the screen turns purplish with four vertical columns where the apps would be located. I can still use the touch screen features, but the screen is messed up. If i turn it off, then hit the home button again, and do that 4-5 times it will finally work normally, as if nothing is wrong. I'm attatching a picture to show what it looks like when the apps would be on the screen.
    I've tried resetting from my ipod. I've restorted it on iTunes, but nothing has helped. I've searched for 2 days for my problem, but no one else seems to have this problem. Any help would be appriciated. thanks

Attached Files:

2. Roondog12355

Roondog12355 Member

Device:
    Nexus 7
    i would say take it to apple.
    get a new one
  3. Gaura Mohana

Gaura Mohana New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    what if its not under warranty
  4. RitzMonkey

RitzMonkey New Member

Yea its not under warrenty. Any ideas as to what would have caused this? I've tried deleting all my apps to see if it was some kind of software problem, but it still messed up. Would an updated firmware coming out later fix? When it DOESNT mess up, it works fine! Works perfectly!! I just dont understand whats going on!
  5. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

It could be a problem with the screen itself. Did you drop it or something?
  6. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you know when u press against a calculator screen it turns purple-ish? that might be the cause of this too, also have it been around heat lately?