iPod turns off whenever I connect to computer

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dajavax, Jul 9, 2010.

1. dajavax

dajavax Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have a weird problem, whenever I connect my iPod to my computer, the iPod turns off. That happens even when I am in restore mode. Also, when I connect something to the iPod like an iTrip, it doesn't work.

I'm not sure why that happens and the only thing I can think of is I had "USB Drive" from dmytro installed from Cydia and I uninstalled it a while back. I think I had not connected my iPod since then. I don't know if that messed somehow with how the iPod uses the dock connector. I tried installing the app again but I can't open it.

Any ideas on what can I do? I also tried DFU mode but nothing happens, maybe it also turns off and I never find out because DFU mode shows the screen off.

EDIT: btw... i tried with other computers as well

EDIT2: seems it's not the USB Drive thing as I found the backup of the USB Launch Daemon and restored it manually with no effect

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. sametkck

sametkck Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    check your ipod cable dude
    it seems have problem.
  3. dajavax

dajavax Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    thanks for the reply... unfortunately i'm pretty sure it's not it... i already tried with another cable... i also attached the cable to a charger and it didn't charge... also my clock has a dock connector to play music and charge the ipod... it still plays music but it doesn't charge it... basically i've tried three connections without success... maybe it has just reached it's life span... oh well... it served well

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. sametkck

sametkck Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    maybe there is a problem with cable slot on ipod.
    go to a technical service.