iPod transfer problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rap1re, Jan 4, 2009.

1. rap1re

rap1re New Member

Hi guys.
    When i bought iPod touch 2g i went to my friend's place and we transfered all his games and apps to my ipod. But when i bought my own app at home iTunes say that all existing aps can be deleted. How to add my own apps to existing ones ?
  2. xDMONEY814x

xDMONEY814x New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I don't believe that you can. Because the other apps were bought with your friend's iTunes account, and now you are trying to add apps bought by YOUR account. They are probably counteracting one another, and the originals are needing to be deleted. I could be wrong though.
  3. milkman

milkman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    you would need to indiviudaly add them from your ipod through the appstore
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    No, it's possible to do but his computer has to be authorized on both accounts. You will need your friends username and password at least initially to set it up. If an update comes out you will have to log back into his account to get the update.
  5. NickPod

NickPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Jpga is right -- it is possible.
    Your computer has to be added as one of the authorized computers for your friend's iTunes account.
    Then you can disable automatic syncing, plug in your iPod, and transfer purchases.
  6. Ranko95

Ranko95 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    With mine the computer simply copied the apps on my itouch and then added the new ones. So I don't know whatsvup with urs. Maybe just buy em on the itouch like that guy said. Or maybe no more stealing apps

Please Register or Log in to view images