ipod touch's shape and size..

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by arikado, Feb 6, 2009.

1. arikado

arikado New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I find it hard to hold, seriously.
    I'd like to be able to do things/type with one hand, use one thumb to navigate (my fingers are small) but i find it difficult on the ipod touch. It would be nice if they made it just a bit smaller (perhaps in the future?) without too much unescessary black border around the screen.

This is my only gripe (no pun intended) with the ipod touch.

How about you guys? What improvements on the shape/size would you like to see? Don't you guys think its a little too wide?
  2. Sovvy

Sovvy New Member

I have an incase slider in gunmetal. It adds a bit of girth and makes it easier to hold. Look into a case.

I typed that and then re-read what you posted... Smaller? I thought it was nice as is. My gf has really small hands but she seemed to like it better with the case, so maybe its just shape and not size you dont like?
  3. seanG

seanG Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yeah it is easier to hold when you have a case on there.
  4. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

I say it's a good size and shape. I agree it might be the shape that is the problem for you, as my new 2G felt somewhat weird compared to my 1G.
  5. arikado

arikado New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I mean, the past ipods were all very convenient to use with one hand. The click wheel was just MADE for your thumb and to hold wit one hand and navigate.

For the ipod touch, i find it really difficult to navigate around with one hand (which i do a lot because I multitask), and my thumb just doesnt reach the other end of the screen too easily, making me hit wrong icons/buttons onthe screen.
  6. APV

APV Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    The 1g feels weird to me, since it is flat backed when all I have known for what seems like a while or something like that has been rounded. like psp, and controllers. blah blah, the 1g was just a slate, the 2g feels better int he hand.
  7. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

It's probably because I've been using my 1G for eleven months, and my new 2G for only two days, so my opinion is different.

For myself, I can reach the other side of the screen and more with my thumb perfectly. Heck I can even reach the volume buttons on the left side with my right thumb while holding it properly. My hand size is the average size for a thirteen-year-old. If you can't reach it, then this device is not designed well for you. So, just for myself, it is the perfect width.
  8. arikado

arikado New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The shape, although nice, is really odd. Hold your cellphone with 1 hand. Notice how easy it is compared to the ipod touch. You have a really nice grip on your cellphone (doesn't matter which one, as long as its not the iPhone).

The ipod touch on the other hand, its ridiculous to hold with 1 hand. It's too wide. The thin chrome does not help either.