iPod Touchfone

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Daftspartan, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Daftspartan

Daftspartan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello all! Just setup my Skype account... I have an online number and whatnot. Running fring on my ipod and can receive and make calls to any landline/cell! And to top it off, i have Clear mobile WIFI on my eee 701 and that connection shared over the internal atheros chip... and BAM! iPhone! HOORAY! This thing BASICALLY rocks.. and everyone just texts me at my e-mail address. BUT ONE THING.. Any way to edit the URL that it loads to make a call call? the 'tel:' that the ipod does not recognize? which is run obviously when you make a cellular call, and like... let's say in the contacts when you view someone's details and tap their phone number, it dials. Any way to make that call a different application? like fring that is running in the bg? THANKS!!

EDIT: SKYPE NOW FOR IPHONE/IPOD! RUNS 15 TIMES BETTER! LESS RAM TOO! HOORAY!
  2. metroplex

metroplex New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    this with the 2g on 3.0 os?
  3. Daftspartan

Daftspartan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    no

nope! it is with 2g ipod touch running 2.2.1 . You can do it even without jailbraking it! It's pretty slick... And i'm VERY satisfied with the clear wimax. Speeds are awesome and hardly any lag in phone calls! I'm going to try and order another screen for the ipod and cut a space for the speaker like on iphone and move the speaker to the top of the unit and install the headphone jack from the iphone (8.99 on ebay) and hopefully wire the mic! THAT... would be AWESOME.. iPhoneVOIP! ;-) happy touching ;-)
  4. Deadhead

Deadhead New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    that would be pretty cool... I couldn't get fring to work with skypein though.... so i use nimbuzz, i like it a little better anyway.